Thursday, March 5, 2015

Whole30

Hello All,

As March has begun, it marks many things! First off my Birthday!!  It was yesterday and it was great excited to continue celebrating this weekend.  In addition, the beginning of March, our completion of the Whole30.


The Whole30 is a program that was introduced to me by the iwill Fit Coaches!  It certainly seemed daunting and scary when I first read the Rules!  The Whole30 is a program that in short is a cleanse to your body.  You will cut out dairy, all grains, all added sugars, legumes, all processed foods,  and other items and restrictions.  Doesn't it sound Scary! Overwhelming!!  The program goes for 30 days, and is used to reset your body to eating healthy vegetables, fruits, and quality meats.  This is very similar to what many know as Paleo.  There are some additions to the program though.

Some of those additional restrictions included no Alcohol and no recreating treats with approved ingredients--such as banana pancakes!

In simplicity, meats and veggies! But......It was way more than that!  To start out the month, I found many resources on compliant dishes.  Recipes made with coconut milk, veggies galore, and a whole lot of flavor!  I had only one salad during the entire month of eating this way.

For all, don't doubt that you can't do this, it is 30 days, you get to eat and eat yummy flavorful foods.  Never did I feel hungry, but learned on how much I need to eat during the day to keep my energy levels up.

Results:

I did not lose weight, good thing, wasn't looking too.  What I did gain was clearer healthier skin, more energy, and more muscle tone!  In addition a bigger sense of understanding foods and what I need to have in my body and what I really don't need.  There are many foods out there that just don't give me any nutritional benefit.

Sam also had some good results, loosing 10+ lbs, and being adventurous with food choices and creations!  He wasn't as accepting to some of the items we cut out such as the pasta and rice, but I'm very happy to have had him on this journey to experiment with food.

During, we also continued our workout routine's.

Will I continue??

I do plan on continuing to eat Whole30 compliant for 90% of our meals.  Processed foods-Nope getting rid of the  Added Sugars-at our very best we will eliminate these entirely (check ingredients, sugar is in everything) Dairy- Mhh a Wisconsin girl cutting out dairy, is it possible?  This will be cut to a very minimum.  It will be very rare occasions that I will have cheese or even milk.

Very happy with the experience I had during this program, and for anyone looking for a jump start into eating healthy, changing lifestyle, consider The Whole30 Program.  Below I will link to some of the blogs where we found some amazing recipes!



The Clothes Make The Girl

Nom Nom Paleo

Just Jessie B

Pinterest  Of Course Pinterest, Just Search for Whole30!

Whole30 Recipes  On Instagram-Recipes are posted daily, with quest chefs!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 Happy Fall! Well if you look back it has once again been a while.  Writing this in my calendar, the goal once a week!!! Writing on here. Th...