Saturday, March 21, 2015

Fav Running Applications

There are soooooo many running phone applications out there.  I've only recently started running with my phone for many reasons, and these applications are some of the reasons why I do.

I will discuss two of the ones I currently are using here.

The first is Charity Miles.  This is a great app (since latest update, some issues) to use those walk, bike, and run miles to help out a charity.  There are a number of charities that your miles can donate to.  Some include Team RWB, Habitat for Humanity, Wounded Warrior Project, and Stand up to Cancer, along with others.  This application is available on the Apple App Store and Google play store.  The application when turned on using phone GPS, will log your miles and after finishing a run/bike/walk the miles will be added to your total and to the charity.  The application is a fun way to have teams add up miles and compet to earn miles.

The second is RunSafe.  I use to notify a list of contacts on when I start and finish my runs.  This is used for safety while I run and so that it is easy to find where I may be.  There are two options with the app: either free or a 4.99/month option with additional features.  I'm using the free option and enjoy the features.  To include the notifications, it also features a Panic button if needed in Emergency's and also will track your weekly milage.  This application just like Charity Miles can be found on Apple App Store and Google play as well as the use of the phone GPS.



These applications are both free and are great tools to use for tracking miles and staying safe.

Let me know what you think of them!

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Happy Fall! Well if you look back it has once again been a while.  Writing this in my calendar, the goal once a week!!! Writing on here. Th...