Thursday, February 26, 2015

iWill90

This week I was recognized as member of the week for iWill90 Challenge, and wanted to recognize the team of coach's and the program here on my blog.

iWill Fitness is a company committed to coaching people.  Incorporating fitness, nutrition, and your mind into lifestyle fitness coaching.  I have been a part of iWill90 from the beta round.  iWill90 is a 90 day lifestyle challenge, where teams work together meeting and breaking fitness/nutrition/mind challenges throughout the week.  The second round of iWill 90 started in mid January to kick off the new year.

I've learned a lot of things during the first round of iWill90.  To include, recognizing that i wasn't eating enough fruits and veggies each day.  Additionally, the abundance of artificial sweeteners and sugars that are added into many of the things we have daily.  Some things include flavored coffee, toothpaste, ketchup, all sorts of dressings, and many other things that were in our pantry.  This made me realize the importance of reading the ingredients on the foods we are eating.

The second round, I'm focusing my personal goals on getting rid of those artificial sweeteners, and knowing what I'm eating.  If I don't know an ingredient on a label and sounds like chemistry it is very likely not coming home with me.  The team of coach's of iWill brought up the Whole30 program (which I will have a post out in the coming weeks), without the encouragement, knowledge from the coach's and the community I don't think I would have gone through with the Whole30.  I have 4 days left to go to finish up the 30 days and am very happy with my results and the food dependence's I've gotten over!

The fitness/workouts I've been pretty good with myself, which includes running, cycling, and most recently more strength training.  The challenge has been a great way to stay accountable and keep up with my workouts.

The final area of coaching that is the mind.  This area I think is one of the most important areas in any goal setting/meeting.  The end of last year, I came out from running with an injury.  Doctors don't really know exactly what it was, but with a lot of rest and more strength training it has gone well in recovery and I'm back at running.  My mindset through the recovery and build up has changed, I'm listening to my body and enjoy the fact that I can keep moving.  It may not be my fastest or the best time, it may be snowing, but I am still moving and enjoying it.

With this, my running goals have changed for the year.  I have goal races, that are bucket list runs, I want to finish well and strong, the time yes will be important, but not the number one item.  Finishing and finishing healthy is what I am looking to achieve.  Of course having fun!

Thank you to all the coach's and the knowledge you have passed on to all of us!

For more questions about iWill or iWill90 let me know or check out the links below to get in contact with the iWill coach's!

iWill Facebook

iWill Fitness


Thanks for reading!!

Jane




No comments:

Post a Comment

 Happy Fall! Well if you look back it has once again been a while.  Writing this in my calendar, the goal once a week!!! Writing on here. Th...